U.K. Telematics car insurance advice

joeyjames

I need to renew my car insurance in December. I’ve been lucky to have parents that have paid for my car insurance last few years and rightly so, they’ve asked for me to pay for my own this year.
Female, 22, student living away from home during term time. Passed when I was 17, was named driver on mums car, bought my own when I was 20.

I’ve been using DriveScore (score of 951/1000) for about 18months now and I can get a quote for admiral (who I am currently with) for about £700- £800 a year using drivescore and on comparison sites the same details bring up quotes of £1200/year for admiral.
Unfortunately, I had an at fault accident in my first year of owning my own car, which will push prices up. Admiral were great, everything was settled and sorted very quickly (probably because I admitted fault, so there was no arguing between insurance companies)

I’m currently looking at some of the black box insurances as they are cheaper, but I’ve heard some terrible things about them being really harsh and unfair with the scoring and then people having insurance rejected. And then insurance providers in general being difficult if you need to make a claim.
So I’m looking for advice about fair black box companies that won’t be difficult companies to be with if a claim does need to be made.