cr0011

Does anyone know what two degrees charges per day and per unit (kilowatt hour)? I am considering bundling phone, broadband and power.

Two degrees isn’t exactly forthcoming about their power pricing. I can’t find anything online. I found a post to r/NZ that said they charged 30c a day and 60c per unit. 60c a unit is very pricey!!!

Thanks all

Edit: I am in Auckland, north shore

@cr0011 It is pretty much never a good idea to bundle goods and services. In my last job I had to focus on this exact issue in depth and we never found any instance where bundling was cheaper than shopping around to find the best supplier for each service.

The only benefit was a reduction in the number of bills you might get per month.

@cr0011 I got the call from them to sign up as I’m with them for mobile and broadband. The power prices were terrible and would have cost at least $100/m more. It took a lot of direct questions before the lady on the phone gave me the rates.

@cr0011 If you know your icp you could look at power switch. It depends on your meter configuration and user type as well. Email them and ask sales to send you a personalised quote for your property.

From my personal experience, I have never had Powerswitch give me the cheapest option. I try it out at least annually.
Every single time I would have ended up paying more using the Powerswitch recommend option.

@jellobiafra They give me Frank power as the cheapest at the moment. I don’t see that that is wrong. I think they probably are the cheapest. It’s all costed out on the quote they give. Seems quite legit to me. But I’m probably going with Mercury the second cheapest, as I prefer their environmental policies, and it’s a much better deal $30 off fibre and free gift. Also thinking about maybe getting solar next year once I graduate, and their solar buyback is the best in NZ. I certainly think all the major brands are there, and if they’re not on powerswitch I’d think what are they trying to hide? 2 degrees feel like the least transparent power provider I’ve come across. They were trying to get me to switch, the lady still calls me every few days even though I said I’m not interested. Not once has she asked me for details off my bill, every single other power provider does that to show how much they can save you. She even said the fibre was going to cost more than what Nova currently gives me. Switching from Nova which was very competitive four years ago when I signed up after they were lowest on Powerswitch, but they’re abolishing low user and putting prices up double the daily rate and increased usage (KW) costs too. I really noticed the price difference when I switched to Nova from Genesis. $250 just for energy costs for one person is too much! Now it’s about $210 for two people including fibre and landline. But that’s about to rise out of my budget. In conclusion I trust Powerswitch, run by Consumer NZ who want the best for all consumers. I mean of course I’ll check everything twice, but I’ve already checked the websites of likely candidates, and looks like a great deal, actually even better than Powerswitch made out, they don’t mention any special offers. I don’t enter into anything lightly. I don’t often make impulse buys. I think Powerswitch is a really great guide.