Touched 2.5 CR and 2 CR in the same year

jj254

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the encouragement and support on my journey.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIREIndia/s/nGrP5OscAi

I've a new update to share.

With few days left in 2023, I've crossed 2.5 CR in networth (almost 2.6 CR now) after touching 2 CR in May this year.

Here's the breakup:

Direct shares: 1.65 CR (this was the major driver of growth),
ELSS: 0.06 CR,
Company shares: 0.06 CR,
Real Estate: 0.4 CR (while it has grown a bit, keeping this unchanged),
EPF: 0.34 CR (intrest for last year kicked in),
NPS: 0.06 CR (getting 14.8% xirr here),
SGB: 0.02 CR

The driver for growth has been high saving rate.

I've added 29.5 lakhs in equity, about 2.5 lakhs every month. 6 lakhs in company shares (US listed). The EPF and NPS savings are on top of this. My target is to save 36 lakhs in equity overall this year which is just 50k away. Quite confident of achieving it.

Another change is that I've moved away from active advisory. I get the shares from Twitter, analyse them fundamentally and take bets based on the charts. I'm quite confident of my charting skills with max drawdown of 25-30% but upside of multiple x. I could capture 2-3 2x this year with sizable investment in them. I got this confidence after i could take my wife's account from 11 lakhs to 19.5 lakhs in about 2 years.

While the next year can be a huge bull run if BJP wins, I'm still trying to diversify. I'm planning to add a real estate of about 75 lakhs by paying 10%. This will help me leverage as well. The rental yield is the property is approx 5% and calculations show that I'll have to only pay 40-45% of the EMI and rest will be covered through rent. This should bring my equity exposure down from the current 65% to less than 50%. In this I'm trying to diversify and leverage while not denting my current equity corpus.

Thanks!