Tooo expensive policy even 6 months coverage is more costly then actual vehicle!!!!!

bingo25

Hey rediters, im seeing help at this situation
Firstly im located in nyc newly licensed age 23 international student , so i got my license 5 months ago and bought a car for my daily drive but the problem is 1,070 dollars per month for liability insurance on progressive?? Is that make any sense it was 2016 dodge charger rt i know did a mistake on heavy engine car , but i seen ppl bought 2014 camry paying 746 a month,, luckily i got rid of it my dodge charger but i still need a car for my work im just trying to make living up here nothing fancy pls any solution pls help me i would take any car that insurance cost under 300 i barley making money in this city
Car price 12 k dodge
Camry 7 k

@bingo25 There's more insurance companies out there other than the big names you see "funny" commercials for.

Being in NYC, young and an inexperienced driver, your rates are going to be high. Your demographics are a big risk for insurance companies.

Your best bet? Find an independent insurance agency near you who work with multiple insurance companies. They can advise you of appropriate insurance coverage for your needs and get quotes from multiple companies at once.

Google "independent insurance agency" and your borough or neighborhood to find one near you.

@bingo25 You've been licensed less than a year. You don't have the experience to know how to react to things safely. You are a high risk driver. No one is judging you, they're using statistics and data to evaluate your risk.