Too bad records to buy car insurance

rethink88

I’m living in New York State
In the past 4 years, I reported 4 claims about the vehicles registered under my name ( non of them is my fault, and the most recent one, my father in law drove and injured a motorcycle in September 2022), and insurance companies paid, causing my driving record bad.
Since September 2023, the big auto insurance companies like Geico, progressive, State Farm, declined me( they allow me to quote, but when I pay, it shows not able to provide policy for me)

What should I do to repair my driving record asap?
is there anyway I could buy auto insurance in New York State now?

🙏 thanks

@rethink88 There isn't anythjng you can do to repair your record, you made the claims they stay for 3-7 years depending on severity. As others say, find a local broker and they can try and help you.

@rethink88 All you can do is work with an independent agent and get as many quotes as possible. There are companies out there that will insure you (at least, for liability), but it may be unaffordable because of your record. There isn't anything you can do to change that part. You can buy an older vehicle that is cheaper to insure or take public transportation.

@rethink88 Generally, yes. And an older vehicle with higher mileage that isn't worth much wouldn't be worth carrying comp and collision on, which would also make it cheaper (assuming there is no loan on it).

@rethink88 Your driving record isn’t an issue. It’s the number of CLAIMS you’ve made. You’re high risk now because they’ve paid out a lot while insuring you. Think about it. Would YOU want to insure someone who has had multiple claims in the last few years?

I’d call a local, independent agent and have them shop rates for you. In the future be very cautious about making any claims on your insurance. Even if the claim is done when it’s not your fault, your rates will increase or they’ll drop you.