Toggle insurance (which has been absolute crap btw) has totaled my newly paid off 10k prius over 8.5 k of damage. What do I do?

@diana4jesus I was an actuary but I have no idea how insurance works? Do you even know what an actuary is moron?

Someone would pass it to used car lot, possibly with a new VIN. Don't talk about stuff you know nothing about. How they distribute the difference varies from case to case. The insurance benefits just by not having to pay for repairs, how they pass it to the shop or a lot is a separate issue.

@amu 1- ahh, militarized state violence under the guise of protection. Still, got fix it.

I'm glad it's paid off. That puts you in a much better position to get another vehicle.

There's repair manuals that specifically list labor time for all mechanical and body repairs from every manufacturer.
Some shops may pad labor time but caliber is not.

I've seen dealers charging $200/hour for labor and $250 for mechanical back in 2020.

Toggle is part of American Family. It's basically their version of root.

Caliber is a respected national chain partnered with like every major carrier. Nationwide lifetime warranty on paint and body work. Pretty solid. Under this repair arrangement, they don't have to independently inspect your car, the shop can do. It's the fastest easiest way to run a claim.

So, with that out of the way,
Sorry your car is destroyed.

Now, are they trying to deny your claim? Do you feel the evaluation is unfair? Are they dodging your calls and emails? What's shady?

@ferfi Well I had gap insurance before I paid it off anyways. I believe the standard labor times thing, it makes more sense. My brother was a mechanic and everyone he knew said they could do it in half the time. If there are standards it makes sense, but mind you back when he was it wasn't 100/hr for all but the easiest tasks, then 50/hr for easy tasks. Some doctors don't even get paid that, 100/hr is equivalent to 200k a year.

The car suffered minor damage at low speed. Airbags didn't deploy, the front bumper and windshield have to be replaced. I crossed a curb, and exactly ONE of the tires is popped. False things on the inflated estimate: Wheel replacement, replacement of the entire computer system which is fine and was not even touched, all associated labor such as removing the steering wheel etc.

Do you think I am stupid? They will total it, give me peanuts, repair the car for half the cost and sell it for the high value 50 mpg hybrid that it is. The scam here is obvious. I recorded every conversation I had with them both voice and with chat agents, took pictures of everything. When they try to resell the car instead of salvaging it, I will catch them doing it. They screwed up everything else about the claim as well, mis-towing the car to the wrong shops twice 2 weeks after the loss. They were told not to take it to caliber and they did anyways, which is illegal.

I invented hardware accelerated REAL AI for the department of defense. Thousands of posts about this horror show with full evidence will be posted everywhere blasting this scheme wide open if they try to mess with me. Do you know what happens then? Everyone else it happened to will present their evidence as well.

Sorry, but this BS doesn't work with me.

P.S. Caliber started getting recognized and all kinds of rewards around 2012. It's past time for them to get greedy and solidify a scam. Guess who gives those awards? The insurance companies. If they can total a car, and repair it for less, and resell it, guess who benefits from that nationwide lifetime guarantee? The insurance companies who keep record of every VIN they ever deal with and have agreements to share that information. Sounds like a job for the FTC.