Tiktok is Starting to Hit the Bottom lines of Google (Youtube) and Meta. Will this turn into potential existential threats?

@mariab626 Yeah unfortunately tiktok. As it were, isn’t a publicly traded stock. I remember a few years ago something abt wal mart and oracle but not sure how solid that was.

@mariab626 Did a bit of digging, the ads revenue for TikTok has been raising significantly. For example, many ecommerce shops slowly turning away from Meta/Facebook to focus advertise and market on TikTok in instead. Many youtubers now are still starting to make accounts on TikTok and dual posting content there. Still gaining users from older audiences. I don't think it's even close to peaking yet.

@mariab626 For live streams, TikTok is king. It’s a great way to build a fanbase fast.
If you are a smaller channel, you can amass a larger following via Instagram reels and Tiktok at a quicker pace than youtube.

Even youtube shorts are lacking. I know people with 100k youtube subs and their reach with shorts is pathetic versus IG and TT. Youtube feels like it’s freaking dying unless you have a huge channel.

As a long time content creator, I’m spending more time on IG and TT to drive conversions, especially Reels.
Without the monetization income, I’d left the platform. I have been able to better connect with my audience and reach more people outside of youtube.

@mariab626 Installed for a couple of hours, deleted and not going to use TikTok again. First and last impression was that it is a platform for braindead chipmunks with attention span of 5-10 seconds. Good way to lower IQ drastically.

@jacbar123 They are super addicting. Instant dopamine hits no, build up. I'm mindful of how bad social media is, decided to check out this new tik tok thing, ended up scrolling for an hour. Entertaining but learning nothing. It's like junk food coming at light speed

@mariab626 Meta has about 70% of the internet using world as daily or monthly users. 3.5 billion or so. How much more can they grow without handing out smartphones to the 3rd world?

@mariab626 I definitely watch more Tik-Tok videos than YouTube videos, usually the lives.Its the video version of Twitter lol. The interface is very simple and well made. YouTube is mainly used by professional content creators, whereas tiktok is for the amateur, it has a different appeal.