Thoughts on ACEN Perpetual Shares? PHP 1,000 / share - A 7.13% p.a. B at 8.00% p.a. / min 100 shares

justmyself

Done a bit of research. Stock performance is okay. Got my shares at around PHP 1.00 so green pa din sya for me. Should I avail or pass? Just want to get additional insights first time if ever to get Perpetual Shares. Or better put money somewhere else?

@justmyself Preferred shares are usually very stable in the secondary market. But as with any, it can dip (e.g. Company started to be illiquid, market panic, participants selling at a discount) but it can also appreciate.

Lastly, perpetual shares and perpetual notes are different.

@taigagirl As per what I've been able to gather (in the case of ACENB), it's up to the company ata to purchase or redeem the PF shares, saka mo lang makukuha yung principal amount. Else, you'd have to sell sa secondary market. So kapag perpetual shares we'll never know yung maturity date, kasi it's between "when the company feels like it" to infinity.

@syndiseok Yes. /@ignissus has a write-up in 2021 about it too:

“Step-up rate”​

Most preferred shares will include a step-up rate, where the dividend paid will increase on a given date (like the 4th anniversary of the IPO) if the preferred shares have not been redeemed by that time. An example step-up term might be: “On the 5th year, higher of 7.5% or 10-year BVAL average plus 6.0%”.