Thoughts on a 10M salary in Semicon in Nagoya

@passiflora The salary itself is alright but you should understand that a good international school will cost closer to 2.5m a year. Nagoya International School is easily over 3m for elementary school with miscellaneous expenses. The 10m salary is not going to support that very easily.

I guess it mostly comes down to whether your wife can find a decent job, and whether you're dead set on international school. I should note that a shitty international school (common in the 1-1.5m range) can easily be worse off than going to a Japanese public school with supplemental english studies.

@truth239 Ok, thanks for your opinion, I was not aware of that. I pushed the negotiation process pretty far and I don’t know if I can also let them pay the international school. First 2 years I need an international pre-school.

@passiflora No idea about salaries in your industry but it's amazing they're not trying to pay you 300,000 a month. Nagoya is a great city and there should be a lot of foreigners to serve as a support group. Best of luck!