This govt. is getting paranoid about C.@.$.H

jajohnson8907

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/inco...against-cash-dealings-above-rs-2-lakh-1743207
In a public message, the department said "accepting Rs. 2 lakh or more in aggregate from a single person in a day for one or more transactions relating to one event or occasion is prohibited".

"Similarly, receiving or repaying Rs. 20,000 or more in cash for transfer of immovable property and paying more than Rs. 10,000 in cash relating to expenditure of business or profession is also banned.

Edit: updated the link, since it was not correct

@realmajor101 Updated the bad link...Thanks!

I know cash isn't banned....yet...but I think it's symbolic, since cash is somehow "evil" in the real world...to be hidden under our mattresses...and secretly deposited in the banks in the dead of the night.

PS: I am ready to change it back using "normal" letters...if it's really annoying all of you...i just don't know if I can take back my arrow.

@jajohnson8907
I am ready to change it back using "normal" letters...if it's really annoying all of you...i just don't know if I can take back my arrow.

Seeing govt. and the c-word in your title I had skipped opening this post initially. It registered to me as something govt. something chutiya and got ignored since I don't really visit this sub with an intention of reading political rants. I only opened this thread later after noticing some comments and realized there was actually an article posted but with your clickavoidy title!

@jajohnson8907 One question that comes to my mind is: Is there a genuine need for people to give 10,000 Rs in cash to one another for any transaction?

Unless of course, one of the two parties or both of them are trying to keep the transaction away from the authority's eyes!

@loulou1 One reason has been pointed out by the other user which is a major one but there is also a reason that is sometimes valid. People(usually from rural or poor background) don't want to deal with banks. I grew up in a village and have first hand witnessed the attitude of many employees changing based on how I dress in towns near villages.