The General will cancel my policy if I don’t pay them $0.00

bda

I received some notifications from The General that my Auto Insurance will be canceled for non-payment. I called tHe General customer service and this is what they told me. “Your policy will be canceled if you don’t make a payment of $0.00” 🤣

Here is a video of it. https://streamable.com/cfqnxq

—-

Update I just talked to customer service and it’s all resolved now. We had a laugh about it.​

@prairiegirl Yes they have been good with me. Their website and app are a little behind the times compared to other auto insurance apps, but they are my favorite customer service by far. They also gave me lowest quotes compared to other insurers for the same policy type.

@bda I worked with a guy that was controller for the company. He told a story about the time when officers from State Treasurers Office arrived and were ready to padlock the business if a sales tax bill wasn’t paid immediately. When they showed him the bill it was for $0.00.

@jebusftw Started a small store once, after three months of not filing sales tax . . . because I had no sales . . . received a sales tax estimate invoice/demand for the state for $500.

Apparently in some states you are still required to file a sales tax submittal form every month even if the sales tax owed is $0.0.

@skaym I work alongside commercial insurance. Nothing annoys me more than having to process an invoice for $1 or -$1. I'm always thinking that it costs more for me to request the invoice than it's worth.

@elizevh I, a commercial insurance broker, recently sent in a series of vehicles changes (all effective on the same day, in the same request) for a fleet client. The net premium difference was +$2. Did it get invoiced by the carrier? Of course it did.

@calpastor P&C broker as well. There's seriously times I'd rather throw a dollar bill in an envelope and mail it out than deal with that.

Even better when accounting starts hassling you over invoicing $1

@elizevh I've done that before. Told accounting to take it off my paycheck if they want but I'm not mailing someone who pays us $100,000+ a year in premiums an invoice for a dollar.

Spolier alert: it didn't come off my paycheck