tcassidy

Thank you property bulls, bears and experts in between. We bought our PPOR few months back and am finally settled in it now. I was a bit naive when I started my journey last year. Thanks to this sub I gained lot of information. We held back from buying in peak or buying a H&L package or an apartment. Although we missed the bottom, I am quite happy and relieved with our purchase well within our means.

On a related note, what next? To add more context, we are a migrant family of three. We put all our savings in redraw account at the moment. Intend to continue that for the time being and focus to get more info on stock market. I can start putting more money when interest rates come down.

@laurencesantos In my opinion, the prices in the areas that I were tracking were lowest in January, February. Then it went up quite quickly. Obviously it based on my observation and I have no idea what the future holds.

@tcassidy Congratulations. Having your PPOR is the first step to securing your future (as long as you can make your repayments). Never know...eventually you might be able to refinance your PPOR and use that to pay off other debts and/or invest in property. I went from a net worth of ($50k) to >$1m in about 4 years on the back of my PPOR, refinancing to pay off my personal debts, and buying other investment properties. Its worth it. Just keep your credit file clean, budget your cash and look at investments.

@tcassidy Personally I’d just keep paying all of your extra savings into the offset, add 5% of your wages into your superannuation and so wouldn’t worry about the stockmarket until you get to your comfortable amount of debt

@tcassidy Your on board the same shitty boat as some of us… no longer in the murky river like those less fortunate. Now put your head down and spend the rest of your working life paying it off! As others have said try to stop working as often as you can to enjoy some home life, family time and your property. Congratulations and well done!