rjozen

I have been browsing and searching the sub the last couple of weeks.

Going to be using EE for the first time and looking to start up my long term investments in TFSA
Would the below be good suggestion to start with? ( this is what i saw most ppl reccomended in here)

10X total world
1nvest s&p 500 info tech
Sygnia s&p 500

Any better / newer suggestions?

@rjozen Not sure what your allocations are to each, but there is no point in adding overlapping ETF's. Total World already contains all holdings in the other two ETF's. If you want to speculate which country will do the best over and above what the market is already pricing stock at, do so with 5-10% of your overall portfolio.

@faith4l I have not allocated anything as yet.

What would a better way be or should i just focus 10x worlds? Or focus workd with like 80% and 10% on other 2?

Or better to choose completely a different 3' but what 3 would be best that does not overlap?

@rjozen Take a step back, understand what you are investing in. You need to pick a fund(s) that suits your desired portfolio/allocations. For the majority of people, the average portfolio is the best starting point unless you very well have reason to deviate or speculate away from the market. 10X Total World is just that. It's a single fund that captures the majority of the investible market based on the current prices/weight stock is being priced at in the market. (Market cap weighted). You can accomplish this in with other fund combinations as well but starting out and avoiding tinkering (inducing investor risk and unnecessary costs) is best.

Read some of my past posts and go through the educational links I posted.

@ttowngirl I have not anything specific in mind for weighting' first option was just to do each pretty much same as close as possible.

But open to suggestions' and also still researching around.