Tax E-Filing with long name

sod601

First time I’ve ever used the online Etax to do my return. It was super easy to fill out, but when I clicked to complete the return, it said my name was too long, and I’d have to print it out, write my name in by hand, and bring it to the tax office.

Is there something I’m missing? How do you all with long names file your taxes?

@sod601 I removed the spaces between my given names. But like the paper said. You can just print it out and write your name in. It's not usually that far to your main tax if you want to hand it in person.

@sod601 I know right, it wasn’t what I expected either. Though that being said until I had a house loan my legal name was never in Katakana yet I used Katakana for bank accounts and stuff 🤷‍♀️

@sod601 I imagine the most important information would be your social security number. If your mynumber is correct, I don't think they would complain about the name being shortened.

@sod601 If truncating your name makes you anxious, then you could use something like moneyforward (they have a free trial you can use) to prepare your tax return, then submit the file it outputs to the etax website.