Student getting started with life: Seeking Finance Optimization Tips

@anything1234 Yeah, I think most valuable is - no need to throw money on healing yourself from toxic people, throw toxic people away 🤯

It's much harder to be in peace and ok with your life and enjoy it, than it's to earn more money. After all, if you're drained of life energy, you can't earn more money, if you can earn anything at all.

@ptmladybug Tricky point here is that to become unemployable as a SWE, you have to basically become a vegetable, unless the insurance covers something like mental health issues.

If money is really that important in cases where this insurance would pay for a software engineer is up to the individual of course.

@tef85 It definitely covers mental health issues as well. Most of the issues today are basically not physical but psychological illnesses (about 30% of all cases).

For sure SWEs have other, let's say much cheaper risk fees to pay for this insurance cover thsn for example a forester.

@anything1234 You are young it is great that you are starting so early! So congratulations on that.

You may also wish to invest a bit in QQQ or VGT since you have a long horizon before retirement.

For credit cards, get cashback AMEX and Certo.

For online shopping, use Rabattcorner, you get Cashback.

And don't forget to enjoy your life :)

@anything1234 I would suggest looking into a credit card with rewards like the Certo one mastercard. Always pay your credit card bill at the end of each month to never pay interests but using a credit card for your everyday purchases adds an extra level of protection in case of fraud.

@insight2017 I don't have the cumulus one but I think it's very similar. The main thing I liked is that it's free and gives me good cachbacks on 3 shops of my choice so I picked coop Migros and Booking.com and I get 1% cashback on that.