Spooked by ATH's of the S&P 500

39 years of age, trying to get my life back on track after a bad few years personally. Home owner with 30 years left on mortgage, no pension, £65k in cash savings. I really wanted to get my financial future on track this year, before I hit the big 40 at the end of the year.

I've just set up a stocks and shares ISA and had every intention of putting 20k into VUAG before the 6th April and then another 20k in after the 6th. But now I'm not so sure. The S&P 500 outperforming and hitting all time highs has me feeling as if I'm paying too dollar to buy in at the top. I understand investments like this are a long hold, but I don't want to be sat on losses or a stagnating investment for years at this crucial time in my life. I'm not a teenager with 30-40 years to burn.

I'm feeling a little deflated and gloomy about my future to be honest. I have friends that have made bundles on Crypto, which I have missed out on. I initially started looking at ETF's a yearish ago and I think I would be up a good 15%+ had I got in then.

Some guidance on my options, given my age and situation would be massively appreciated.