Something you do ‘right’ that’s ’wrong’?

@tanzanite 4% on the car and all federal at 4%

I see a lot of people saying vacations can wait and to pay down debt which we will not be prioritizing with those interest rates 🤣

@jesussaves7763 Prioritized saving for a house over retirement. But it has worked out great so far. Was able to buy at age 29 on a single income of $42k. It'll be paid off in 8 years. Meanwhile I'm now self-employed and able to shovel a large chunk of my income into a solo 401k, so I'm almost caught up on retirement savings. No regrets TBH.

@jesussaves7763 Bought my house in full/cash when interest rates were at 3-4.5%. I know I could have squirreled that 260k into a HYSE and enjoyed some nice interest as I paid the mortgage off over 30 years, but as someone who's been homeless and have also had housing held over my head from partners and family in the past, the peace of mind was honestly priceless for me.

@marlenedean Sometimes that peace of mind is worth so so so much more than the interest or whatever return you could've made. No matter what, you'll only ever have to worry about taxes every year. Not having mortgage payments looming, knowing you can squirrel away bits at a time for the annual taxes and such, so you're not facing a huge bill. What a relief

I've said before, even with our taxes being what they are (we total a little under 11k annually for our place), if we didn't have the mortgage payment it would be so easy to handle.