So I’m pretty sure I have breast cancer but it’s not diagnosed yet

r8701

So yeah I went to my regular doctor, she is supposed to fax over the order for a diagnostic mammogram although apparently she hasn’t done that yet. If I haven’t been diagnosed yet do I have options?

@r8701 Getting a second opinion to double check is always safe.

I would also ask this question in a finance thread because any potential treatment can obviously be expensive. I wish I new more about the medical insurance side and Im sorry I dont. I am extremely sorry that this is happening to you and I hope the best for you OP.

@r8701 Talk to a few agents directly and double check everything that they say. This is going to depend ENTIRELY on the type of policy you are getting. Approval should not be a problem - any decent agent can get you approved at this stage in your diagnoses. However, your primary concern should be with the payout.

You must make sure that the policy does not have a cancer exclusion (see Whole Life Policies) and that it does not have exclusions for pre-existing conditions. If the policy has these exclusions your family may not be able to collect the payout if you do pass away from the cancer or anything related to it.

@r8701 You are not insurable with traditional life insurance until there is a resolution. When you complete an insurance application, you have to disclose doctors visits, upcoming tests and procedures. You'll get held up in underwriting due to not having had the tests completed.

@r8701 Underwriter here - It'll be found out. If you do somehow get insured but die due to the cancer (though I'm hoping by now your diagnosis was benign) the claim will be denied and at that point your family will have been expecting to get the benefit paid out.