So, how do different providers charge my H.R.A. (e.g., Cigna primary insurance/H.R.A. with V.S.P. vision)?

At my last company, I had an H.S.A. (which I rather miss) with a physical card, but the new employer's H.R.A. doesn't come with one.

My first doctor visit felt simple enough: Cigna insurance. Cigna H.R.A. I just walked out because I assume everything's done on the back end via Social Security Number. I just checked my account a few days later to see how much it was (but I did find it weird I wasn't given any receipts or anything and had to find out via the H.R.A. account how much the visit actually cost; I apparently paid $147.52 to check my ear and hand checked with zero cost breakdown?).

(edit: I did find the "Claims" section on Cigna; I guess I'm just used to paying $20 copays for therapy and not $150 at the nearest immediate care)

But while my dental is also Cigna, vision is V.S.P. I know V.S.P. doesn't dish out physical cards (I'm also assuming things are checked via Social Security Number), but do I just skedaddle once I get my eyes tested and new lenses? Does V.S.P. work with Cigna and know I have an H.R.A. to charge everything to?