Smoking question

noguru

I went to get life insurance right. N ima smoker cigs bud y’all know the deal. She told me to come back in 2 weeks to do my medical exam as a “non smoker”. She says she wants to maximize my life insurance. Let’s say I die or wtvr , if they find something in my system will they still Pay out the none smoker insurance or will my kids be outright screwed.

Sorry if I didn’t make any sense.

@noguru Your agent is "clean sheeting" which is illegal and jeopardizes the carrier paying your beneficiaries.

Take a smoker policy. If you plan on quitting, you can get non smoker rates in 1 year and then even better rates in 2-3 years.

I would ditch this agent in a heartbeat and get with someone who is going to write you the correct way.

@noguru Do everyone a favor and report the agent to her company.

She is encouraging you to commit fraud and any contract you issued would fraudulently obtained and your beneficiaries wouldn’t get the benefit you were paying for.

@noguru Commission. By telling you to scam your way into a discount she’ll beat the honest quotes from other producers.

If you die, she’ll claim you were the lier to save her skin.

Tale as old as time…

@noguru You buying a policy and her commission and possibly bonuses. Smoking premiums are much higher and many potential clients wont/can't pay the premiums.

@noguru https://www.freeadvice.com/legal/wh...se-when-applying-for-a-life-insurance-policy/

The answer to your question is.

If you die within 2 years and they discover you smoked Tobacco your claim will likely be denied.

If you die after 2 years and they discover that you smoked Tobacco your claim has an extremely low chance of being denied and if it is denied your children can easily contest this in court and get a payout regardless.

So it really is a risk of "will you die within 2 years of smoking."

After 2 years is known as the incontestability period.

@noguru However, if you failed to disclose convictions for driving while intoxicated, that could be grounds for denial, but only if it’s discovered during the contestability period. After the contestability period ends, these convictions typically would not be used to deny the claim, Weisbart says.

There are some misrepresentations of facts that are grounds for denying or reducing a death benefit, even if they’re discovered after the contestability period has ended, Weisbart says.

For example, if the insurer learned that you convinced a physician to provide false information to hide a medical condition, this would be grounds for denying a death benefit claim.

I would say after 2 years in order for your case to be denied there needs to be serious allegations against you, I.E. colluding with your doctor to hide a medical condition. But finding cases where death benefits are denied after contestability period is kinda hard.

@noguru Honestly if I were doing this I would phrase it in a different way. Her telling to wait 2 weeks for a medical exam is kinda xtreme. Don't get my wrong I'm a sleezy do it my way type of agent. I make money. It is the way, but I'm also methodical about my practices to cover my traces extremely well.