Small Town Cover Ups

jeberle

I went to buy some car insurance and I went to Wise Insurance
and there was nobody in there, except the lady who was selling insurance. I told her that I was there to buy liability insurance and uninsured motorist for the car I had just bought. I must’ve told her 5 times what I wanted just to be Clear. She told me that she got me an excellent deal, and I paid her and left with only paperwork for proof and no card. The very next day, a guy backed into my new car. He admitted fault and I contacted my insurance company and started the process of filing a claim with his insurance. After 3 months of phone conversations, I got a rejection letter from his insurance company, stating that I did not have liability insurance at the time of the accident.
I had my dad go directly to the local office to see what the problem was because I was out of town, and they finally told him that I actually did not have insurance until that day and time. He admitted that the girl who sold me my policy was new, and she had made a huge mistake. She had sold me an illegal policy, that was, Comp and Collision only. No liability, no full coverage, nothing but the c&c. Mind you, I told her 5 times that I wanted Liability and Uninsured Motorist. So now, they say they will fix it to where It showed that I had insurance now, and then, and they faxed the new policy over to State Farm, and of course, they denied it again because the date on the new policy was 3 months after the wreck. I had by this time gotten expectedly furious, and I asked the manager, Her manager, if she even Had a license to sell insurance. His reply was, “ Uh uh uh I don’t know.” So. At this point I begin to tell both of them, I want my car fixed or the money for the damages. I asked them who was paying for it. I never got any answer or settlement and I was forced to call the Insurance Commissioner’s Office and I filled a grievance against them. I randomly called them for information and I was told that they had reached out 3 times and they had not willingly turned in the information requested, and they were threatened with a fine if they did not comply, and last I heard, they did submit something. The car was eventually totaled, so now I would need a check for the claim. I still don’t have any resolution to this, and I’m probably going to seek legal advice and counsel. I tried contacting the owner of the place also, and I left a message with his secretary, and he never returned my phone calls. I feel as if they had nothing to hide, they would have turned over the information requested by the Commissioner’s Office with no problem. I am convinced that this girl was in that office, alone, selling insurance policies, and obviously was too ignorant to know that to have Comp and Collision, you still have to have liability insurance Atleast. I have never heard of anyone having Only Comp and Collision. This situation makes me lose faith in humanity, not realizing how dumb and crooked people really are. Eye Opener!! My question is do I have a legal case?

@justluck1234 Callingyourbslol… The world actually does have paragraphs, I’m not sure if you’re aware? Either way, I AM aware of paragraphs, yet the story was so long, that I was not concerned whether I made paragraphs or not. Clearly, I am certain that you had a very hard time reading it because it wasn’t in paragraph form! If you would like to edit my post, please do so, because I’m not worried about it, I can read it. Number 1: It’s in English. Number 2: I use proper grammar 3:My spelling is on point. So if you couldn’t read this or make sense of the “rant”, I am sorry about that. What now? No paragraphs?

I have always wondered why people feel the need to try to comment something unnecessary and rude on a post that they just happened to see, not having a clue about the situation or effect on the author of the post. It takes more effort to go out of your way to comment something rude than to keep your unwanted/unnecessary shit to yourself and keep scrolling. I am big on not wasting time. I don’t try to waste any of my valuable time on people like you. You have already taken all of the time of mine that you are going to. Although your username is what it is, you are not calling me out, you are childish and obviously have a lot of free time on your hands, whereas I do not. I would bet a million dollars that you are the guy who talks big shit online, but don’t have the balls to say it to someone’s face! I however, don’t have a problem in the world doing so. If you don’t have any advice on my crazy situation, go F off somewhere else and comment on everything else you feel like you want to.

@jeberle Makes sense, LA has the “no play no pay” statue as you’re probably aware now. If you don’t carry liability, the at fault carrier would not pay you per state law.

There’s a lot of information in your post that doesn’t make sense, there’s a lot of moving parts and it’s very possible there is some confusion or incorrect information somewhere throughout this. Because of this, it’s nearly impossible in my opinion for anyone on the internet without direct knowledge of your situation to give you useful specific information. I usually refrain from recommending attorneys, but it sounds like you need someone to look at everything and perhaps advocate for you. Perhaps the state commissioners office can clarify the situation for you for free since you’ve already been in contact.

Another thing that sticks out, if you’re own carrier sold you a comp and collision only policy, that means that you carry those coverages, collision coverage would cover an accident like this regardless of fault. If you had valid collision coverage on the date of the accident, it doesn’t make sense why no one has offered or recommended coverage directly through your carrier.

Also your car was totaled after someone backed into it???

I’ve worked auto claims for nearly a decade including LA losses.

Good luck to you

@happycatluvr No, my car was totaled after I had filed the claim for the accident. The information in my post doesn’t make sense because the whole thing doesn’t make sense.There is zero incorrect information. It’s all exactly what was said, what happened, and what did not happen. My post is a basic summary of the story that has been going on since 10/21. So it’s hard to summarize 7 months of arguing, phone calls, information, and paperwork. In this state, you have to have Atleast liability in order for an insurance company to pay your claim. I would have Had liability if she had sold me the policy I told her 5 times that I wanted. If you could reiterate what is confusing you, I would be glad to fill you in, as this is a one in a million kind of situation that would only happen to me. It’s hard to explain every intricate detail of the story in a post.