Should i wait get an estimate from mechanic before reports to the insurance?

zylogz80

Hey y'all. so yesterday I hit my car front on a high curb the front bumper is def damaged much and will have to be replaced but also I saw green fluid spillage and steam for about 30 seconds right after the impact. I was barely going 2 km/h was literally just tryna park and misjudged the hight of the curb. Some said it's just ac condensor some says radiator so I'll have to get it checked. I am for sure covered for such damages but I don't want my insurance going up too much. it's already high enough cuz I'm a new driver. so if it costs me anywhere around $200 I'm willing to just pay for it and not report to the insurance.

I am not getting any appointments with mechanics here for another week or two. What should I do? do I report it right now? or do i wait for the quote and then make a decision? I'm afraid if i wait that long and get a huge $600-$800 bill They won't cover me.

@raphacam it's just 500 so is it really worth it to get my insurance rate go up for that?. i got an estimate for 600 from a friend mechanic. I'm not tryna spend too much on the car it's an old vehicle anyways so half asses will do just fine. but i would like to ask your advice if i should pay outta pocket for this one or get insurance involved.

@raphacam so go all $600 outta pocket you mean ? good thing as it might be is that it seems to be ac condensor and nothing else. it's winters so i won't be needing it cut another 6 months atleast and by then I might just decide to sell off the vehicle.

@zylogz80 Body shop techs replace a/c condensers and radiators all the time, so the insurer will probably be unwilling to pay mechanical labor rates, but sure, if they can itemize the damages and take some good underside pictures to send in, that helps. Most people who have this sort of damage send in a bunch of exterior pics of the the car that are pretty useless for estimating.