Should i sell my current car and buy and 2nd hand car to run away fixing it?

@giagwe Just buy a new model axia, after 5 years it would have a resale value of 70% -/+

40k+ is still ok... And you don't need to pay a lot if you pay using the sale of the current car as a down payment...

Maintenance wise is ok and not expensive.... And won't have any major issues within 5 years... After 5 years would be normal wear & tear issue

@johnny4christjesus With that in mind, loan calculator shows its going to be around 320 per month at 3% interest for 9 years. If lower tenure then will it has lower interest or higher?

If I stretch for 9 years loan realistically it is already lower then the expected annual maintenance cost of the inspira. But then the interest might bite me back... but... i should be able to make full settlement in less than 5 years, considering my current cashflow with 9 years tenure.

Can you give me more advise on this?

This is full spec axia btw

@giagwe 9 years = 27% interest
5 years = 15% interest

Just take the 5 year loan if you are able to afford it... At least save you lots of hassle of the old car having problems...

If you have been driving a very old Toyota I wouldn't advise you to change since they are durable.. other cars have more unexpected issues unfortunately.... Such as an engine failure that might cost you a bomb..

@giagwe Since Inspira is known with as the manja car, I recommend you to just sell it. You might want to consider other affordable, easy to maintain second hand car like Proton Saga FLX @ Proton Persona SV if you still wish to use Proton. Avoid Gen2, Preve, Suprima and Perdana at all cost.

@giagwe have a similar car. mileage also 200k. if you have been maintaining all the while it should be so sudden.

if you're gonna buy another used car, unless it's under 5 years old, you're going to be stuck with the same repair bills. you can say japanese cars are better made bla bla. wear and tear is wear and tear. it still has to be replaced.