Seeking advice on career progression into managerial-ish role

griffithjose

So recently, one of the cofounders of my company (a small, but growing MNC) offered to promote me to a more senior position. I wish I could disclose the actual title of the new position to give you guys more context but it’s a very niche industry so it would be quite easy for “my people” to identify me. I believe it is equivalent to a line manager or a team lead. Basically I will be managing people, but how big of a team is TBD.

My current salary is 6.5k/mth before deductions (increment + bonus for 2022 have not been finalised yet) with standard benefits, in an executive role (no “senior” in title right now so I guess I’m getting a big jump). I have close to 5 years working exp, 2 of those years are in my current company.

I will be getting an offer with a revised salary very soon, but I have no idea how many % would be appropriate relative to the additional responsibility (obviously my current reporting manager is going to say whatever the company will offer is good enough la). In the new role, I will be expected to create a portfolio of freelancers, test them out, retain the good ones, and be the POC between them and our clients. This is on top of having to QC all deliverables and liaise with clients. But I won’t be actually “producing” anymore.

So my question to those who have made a sudden jump from an exec to managing a team, what were your % increments like? I understand that there is a huge difference between industries (looking at u banking & finance ppl e_e), but it would be good to know if I am being shortchanged. In my head, 30% seems “ok”, but is expecting a 50% being unrealistic? Or should it be more, even. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feel free to ask questions if helps to give you a better idea. Can say I abit stupid la to be managing people, but never try never know kan? I’m just happy to be getting this opportunity.