SBI offering 9.4 for Home loan.Should I accept?

@starfirefreefilly I got home loan @9% from Canara bank in June'23. (15L for 10 yrs) HDFC was offering same ROI too. Like you I had no credit history. You can try asking other banks too, they have a ROI range either available online or via bank ppl

I don't think ROI is negotiable.

How did your paperwork went to 60k?

@starfirefreefilly Would recommend go for HDFC for 3540 you would have a sanction letter basis on your credit eligibility, you would get ROI in range of 8.4-8.7 considering you have a decent cibil score, a score above 750 will get you 8.4% in HDFC. As regarding the other document charges would go max of Rs5000 as in your legal fee if required.

@starfirefreefilly For cibil score -1 or no credit history you won't get low interest rates. You'll get the similar interest rates everywhere with deviations of 0.2 or 0.3 Max. Better avail a credit card or gold loan use it and apply for home loan after you get a cibil score of more than 800 maybe after 6 months

@starfirefreefilly Bro tell them you want the RBI repo rate on the loan. The current rate is 6.50% + whatever additional the bank charges. My loan is around 8.70% right now with kotak. I'm not too well versed about this, so do a bit more research before approaching them.

@starfirefreefilly We need those COVID rate back. That was way too low. But currently RBI has increased repo rate. I doubt there will be a reduction in near future. They may even consider increasing it. But 9.4 is way too high