@pankaj0008 It says that they turned off the outlet, and the extension cord was on, and it drew power somehow. But yeah, I could be misunderstanding I guess, probably why I'm getting downvoted lol.

Anyway, yeah it's good, most of them are double sockets with a switch for each. I didn't realise it wasn't the norm, so apologies for my ignorance. Having to unplug everything sounds like a chore.

@mrsjohnson2017 Oh you’re right and I’m wrong. But honestly I’ve still never seen that in the US except for outlets meant to be used for lights.

It is a chore!

Sorry idk why you got downvoted. I’m upvoting ;)

@mrsjohnson2017 I had outlets with a turn on / off switch, so it was the perfect way for testing this. It was off, yet the power was still leaking, not enough to power a bigger device, but enough for a night light.

First, I noticed that happened when we had a power outrage and my night lights were giving me some light, not fully powered, especially noticeable in a bathroom. I was waiting for a power to turn on, so I could turn on some devices like AC as it's recommended not to have all the bigger devices on initially, to avoid a big power surge.

Ok, guys, downvote me as much as you want bc obviously you didn't study physics and don't understand how much energy you are wasting. You never tried it and you are too lazy, that's why you're wasting money.

It's not difficult to push a few buttons

My TV, . cable box were on a strip that I turned off at night . And Xbox after using.