Satrix MSCI world vs 10x total world TFSA ETF

susu

I just received dividends from my 10X Total World Feeder ETF (TFSA) and was taxed at about 30% on the global dividends, Satrix MSCI World ETF doesn't distribute dividends, would this mean that there is no tax implication on these essentialty meaning I save the 30% because they don't pay out the tax or does it just mean that the dividends are taxed in the hands SATRIX and reinvested into the fund?

UPDATE:

Easy Equities responded to my question about the 30% being incorrect:

This is a foreign dividend with foreign tax the DTA doesn't apply.

DTA applies if it's a foreign dividend and local tax is being charged.

Investopedia does say:

Nonresident aliens are subject to a dividend tax rate of 30% on dividends paid out by U.S. companies.

So seems to be correct.

But the question then remains do accumulating funds pay less tax or no tax on dividends

@susu Which platform were you taxed as such? W8BEN form should have allowed to deduct only 15%.

Instead of Satrix World, you can look at MSCI ACWI which is the closest to 10X Total World apart from missing small caps.

These Satrix feeder funds are UCITS funds and are accumulating funds. So the funds receive dividends still, but just don't distribute. So technically it will be worked into the price return.

I have made a comprehensive comment before with links on layers of dividends etc. here