Safeco Screwing me?

arsenios

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius that got hit while parked a couple weeks ago. I was getting things out of my car while the door was slightly ajar. The person that hit my car had Safeco insurance, which has been a nightmare to deal with. I don’t have collision insurance. The shop my car is at has a storage fee and Safeco has told me they will pay until Friday. Well, today is Friday. I’m looking to get money for my car, because I don’t want to drive it with a damaged title. They’re estimating the car is worth just 4,200. I’ve seen eight of the same car in my surrounding area for over 7,000. I sent a few of those to the man helping me, but he’s been ghosting me. I’m afraid they’ll short me. What do I do?

@arsenios it's based on actual sales not what it was listed for. And if those listing are from dealerships they are not going to give you dealership price. Think more along the lines of what the dealership paid for it then what they are selling it for.

@arsenios First, wait till you actually get an offer before expecting the worst.

Second, someone's asking price and the actual value of vehicles are not the same thing. KBB isn't the most accurate but I just threw your vehicle in there and they valued it on average around 4500.

If you have a dispute about your cars value show them the comps but it looks like it's a pretty fair offer for a 17 year old car

@elvent I’ve sent him about 8 or so comps from cars.com, carguru, and craigslist. My mileage also isn’t as high as a lot of the ones going for 7,000 or 8,000. I also sent him receipts of tires I got less than a year ago, new side mirrors, new window that go smashed. Would that up the value?