Roof

tacious

Take 2. Sorry about the last post. I am new. Okay. I'm scared I am wrong. But I have lived in my house for 8 years. My ex-husband hired some lord knows who to put a replaced roof on the house when we renovated it before moving in. Now since I own the house since he moved out and there are leaks. The insurance company says they won't cover the leaks because it wasn't properly put on.

They why did you insure my house! You should have not agreed to insure my house if you won't cover it! Help.

@tacious There are companies out there that can help you fight, especially if you had had a hail/wind storm come through your neighborhood in the last year or two.

Carriers more and more these days are making policy holders prove their claims. Google “public insurance adjusters” and make sure to do your due diligence. Most will take a percentage, and most are good people, but like with any industry, there are bad apples.

If you don’t have experience fighting an insurance company, it’s an uphill battle. The PA will go through your policy, see exactly what it says, and then propose a course of action. Edit: the policy is all that matters, not your friends or what I say or what other say. Your policy is the contract between you and your carrier, you need someone who understands how to read that language and someone that will fight for you

I don’t know about you, but I’m not in the business of taking billion dollar corporations at their word. They are for profit companies and aren’t going to cut you a check if they don’t have to.

@tacious Not a problem, I see this a lot, it’s always funny, the carrier has no problem collecting the premiums on an improperly installed roof, but when that improperly installed roof is damaged by a covered peril, they are nowhere to be found.

@tacious Your insurance coverage doesn't cover faulty work, which is what this sounds like. What I think they're telling you is that you need to go after the roofer that did the bad work and either sue them so that you can fix it or get them to do it for free.