Reviews of mutual funds and asset management services for month of April 2023 : Request or post reviews.

@henry_ I am a student and I have 5000₹ which I can invest one time but don't know where I can invest it and I don't want to buy sell stocks any safe options? (Already invested some amount in skills and hobbies)

@henry_ Axis bluechip fund has performed poorly for a while now. I have been investing in it for almost 3 years now. I am standing on a meagre 2.4% returns. I am planning to stay invested because I know each fund goes through a cycle of good and bad performance. I am hoping it will recover.

Should i stick with it or redeem my investments?

@nic227 We've seen sideways market for the last 1-2yrs. So, returns shouldn't really be compared. Axis usually follows growth strategy, so markets like this is not really fair to judge their performance. Also, in the last 1-2yrs, I don't think any equity fund would have given good returns. If the fund doesn't perform well in a bull run, maybe that's the time to judge, and not when the overall markets are sideways.

@philcho Yes well diversified. Index investing, equity, large and mutlicap funds, ppf and corporate bonds. May invest in some gold now

My main concern was just about that particular fund, axis bluechip. Whether i should invest in a better large cap fun(since they are generating decent returns as opposed to axis)

@philcho I would still like to stay invested in a multicap or small cap. Index fund has given me around 28% in last 3 years while my small cap has given me above 50%

As long as i am bullish on small caps, I'll continue investing in them and later if i feel that i need more funds because direct equity investing seems like a better idea, I'll liquidate my large cap

@nic227 Last 2-3 years growth is pandemics gift. Look beyond that time frame.

Direct investing for retail is never a good idea. Even the experienced fund managers with access to amazing tools and top talent can’t consistently beat the index returns.

Visit /r/bogleheads to gain more insight.

@henry_ PGIM India Midcap Opportunities fund (direct) is underperforming AF compared to its benchmark (Midcap 150 Index). I'm one of those guys who jumped on the bandwagon after seeing its crazy good returns (till mid of 2021).

I'm not an expert in analyzing in MF/Stocks, primarily they invest in finance sector..

I have a SIP with this fund, started on Nov 2021, should I continue with this fund ?