Reviews of banking services & products thread for August 2022 : Request or post reviews here.

@heavensknight IDFC First select does not have priority pass. But the Wealth card does have it. The forex rate is also quite competitive imo. If you want a referral, dm me. We both will get 2000 points.

@heavensknight Not much of a traveller here, but could you help me understand the appeal/perks of lounge access for the average person? I know the 1st Class lounge has lot of great perks for many international airlines, but fail to see the point for domestic lounges for Indian airlines.

@resjudicata I have a tendency of reaching places very early. So, might as well waste time there. I had been to the domestic one in Bangalore airport and it was nice. No other reasons particularly, to summarise it, the convenience. Plus I normally travel with friends who'll always wanna go to the lounge, so why stay behind.

@heavensknight For domestic lounge, even HDFC platinum debit card will work.
If you have salary account, you should get it easily.

Also, getting HDFC Regalia credit card shouldn’t be too tough.
It’ll provide you international lounge access as well although with quarterly limits.

Diners black will provide you unlimited access ( same facilities for add on cards as well). But it has yearly fee of 10k. Some people got it for lifetime free as well.

Didn’t talk about Amex cards because they’re not allowed to issue them at this moment.

@filavenon Getting Regalia card is not as easy as it used to be, aa HDFC is pushing its Millenia series of cards. I have a regalia I’ve held for the past 6 years, and I’m way overdue for infinia (job changes, decent hikes, other investment relations with hdfc) but guess what. They offered me a free upgrade to (wait for it) Millenia Credit card. Iliterally fired my RM asking ‘in what universe is millenia an upgrade to regalia’. All he said was that their mandate is to push millenia now.

Agree with the overall view that HDFC CC rewards are nowhere as good that as it used to be. Looks like the RBI interventions became a major blow for them.

@thankfultobehis Oh that’s bad. Even they reduced benefits of Diners black by a huge margin. Their major partner, Amazon, also stopped offering points etc.
it used to be 10x, reduced to 5x and now literally nothing. ( basically x only, that we’d anyway get!).