elrefale

Hi everyone,
  • I am working for a U.K based company (in England, not N.I)
  • I have raised the fact I want to move back to Ireland and be considered as a remote worker
  • They finally have the means and will pay me via "Remote" and they handle the healthcare etc. side of things too
A question I asked and got a question back in return was "will you continue to pay a pension contribution?" as they had done so for my U.K pension. In reply they said "is it statutory in Ireland? If it isn't we most likely won't".

So, basically, is my employer in the clear to not contribute to my (future) pension?

I've searched for the answer to this and came up with a conclusion of "they won't have to" but just to be sure...

And I guess, a follow-up would be, what can I do with my existing U.K pension?

For the record I'm far from retirement age.

Any help appreciated as always.

@elrefale No obligation on employer to pay into a PRSA. They must offer to do your personal payments it by salary deduction.

They're not going to set up an occupational pension scheme for one person. In this case they would be obliged to make a meaningful contribution but they could do that by paying for your death in service benefit.

If/When auto-enrollment comes in, they will be obliged to pay.

When you leave the current scheme you will be given options as to what you can do with the fund. But, you could contact the scheme administrator now and ask about those, before you leave.