Receive Warning Letter due to Low Performance

@letsgohome Report the issue to JTK! Labour Law ftw! Low Performance according to what standards? Maximising your company benefits, ie: leaves, is πŸ‘πŸ» not πŸ‘πŸ» classified πŸ‘πŸ» as πŸ‘πŸ» low πŸ‘πŸ» performance! I would advise OP to fight your company and probably get them to relocate you another job if verbal communication is part of your KPI. As long as you’re not falling behind in your KPI, you are not under performing. Getting cancer is not an excuse to sack someone. Get well x3000!

@letsgohome So sorry to hear about your condition.

It seems like your employer is trying to force you out. It's a dirty trick to avoid paying your medical claims.

In principle, you could challenge them on trying to dismiss you on wrongful grounds.

But in practicality, do you want the hassle and stress of that when you should be focused on getting better?

I suggest you do this:
  • tell your HR that you intend to leave in order to rest and get better.
  • demand that they withdraw the letter of non-performance from your record.
  • tell them that if you face difficulty in obtaining new employment after you've recovered due to their harmful action of creating a false negative record just to get rid of you, then you'll sue them. But for now, let's part ways amicably.
Subsequently, when interviewing for new jobs, be upfront that you left due to health reasons. No need to mention the low performance warning letter.

@fndnstne yep. call them out on it. make sure they know u are onto them. record all conversations. then ask for a glowing recommendation letter. dont let them push u around.

probably the simplest thing instead of trying to actually sue them for wrongful termination.

@letsgohome I think if you're undergoing that type of treatment you'll be unable to perform well anyways. I will advise to get better before looking for a new job.

But yeah, if your treatment is causing you to be unable to communicate verbally, you need to find an alternative job pathway. Then revisit this one again in the future when you're better.

@theologybuff Im also been thinking healthy first then search for job but money is quite a problem… maybe i have to move back to parents house for sometime live poor and come back stronger. Thank you for your words.

@letsgohome Yeah. Problem for you is that you dont have a way to still work while having to endure those conditions. So just treat it as a temporary disability for now and work something else. Definitely go back to live with parents, they can help take care of you also. You can pay them some rent so they don't be so harsh on you for living with them.

Also, thyroid cancer after graduation is pretty harsh man. My best wishes for your recovery. You could probably mention your thyroid cancer when you go to future interviews for this period, if they question you on the change or shifts in career.

@letsgohome Very sad to hear your case young man...πŸ˜” Hope you get better. Perhaps if financially possible, you should get your treatment done first before finding a new job? Because most company will be reluctant to take you in and it would be better if you can start your new job when your health is better. But i do know Gamuda Berhad hire differently abled people. You can write in to their HR to apply stating your conditions.

@letsgohome Holy shit what? are we slowly becoming god forsaken americans? where someone's got fucking CANCER and they had to risk their job security??? wow.. we are fuck as a society..

@letsgohome When the company put you under PiP means they already discussed and make up their mind to throw you. Go find another job.

Ask HR to pull back the letter as you voluntary resign and use the medical sickness as an excuse to bargain.

@peerterborg I lost my voice at first. Thought it was normal sore throat, after two weeks not recovering. Went to ENT, they say possible stroke/tumor. Did CT scan, found abnormalities in thyroid. From ENT sent to SOPD for ultrasound and boom, potential cancer malignant type. Went to total thyroid removal and autopsy confirmed it is malignant.

@letsgohome Damn. Congratulations on finding out and removing it. I wish you speedy recovery in both health and career.

On that topic, stay as long as you can in current job if you can. No point taking on two stress of chemo + jobless. You can tell your next employer (if they ask why you quit or why got employment gap) that you had cancer and had to quit your job to focus on defeating it. Dont bring up low performance.

You could also just say "health reasons" but employers tend to have bias against chronic health conditions (depression, kidney disease, diabetes, etc). If you state disease like cancer, there is less stigma.