@erniedavid Not that i want to know, you should ask yourself this. What's your retirement goal? How much savings do you need? How much you have now? If you tell me your savings now is rm1million, then the response could be different to whether you should be owning your dream car or not. But looking at the numbers i doubt no. This on top of only having EPF contribution starting from 2021.

If something happen to you as a sole breadwinner, what are you leaving behind to your loved ones? Debt or money?

Even though you say commitment is 9.4k, actually 1k of that is asb and sspn savings. So, it's still savings, unless is part of asb financing? If yes, then you cant just stop per se. But purely savings into asb i think it is fine.

You came here to post means you know you are cutting it close. Dont buy that car now. Not without knowing your house #2 can actually rent out or not. You say others are renting at 1.8k. Guess what? Those are your competition as well.

Not buying this car is so that when your kids or your wife ask for a short vacation you can still afford it and say yes within a heart beat. Instead of having to say no or having to cut other expenses to make it ok to pay for the vacation.