stephen2987

Risk tolerance: Medium

Time horizon: 5Y
  • iShares Core MSCI World UCITS: 55% - Global Markets (Ter 0.20%)
  • iShares Core Global Aggregate Bond UCITS: 15% - Bonds (Ter 0.10%)
  • Invesco Global Blockchain UCITS A: 10% - Blockchain/Crypto (Ter 0.65%)
  • iShares Global Clean ENERGY: 5% - Clean Energy (Ter 0.65%)
  • L&G Ecommerce Logistics UCITS: 5% - eCommerce (Ter 0.50%)
  • VanEck Vectors™ Video Gaming and eSports UCITS ETF: 5% - Esports (Ter 0.55%)
  • HANetf The Med. Cannabis and Well. UCITS ETF Acc: 5% - Weed (Ter 0.80%)
Thanks!

@stephen2987 Risk tolerance - Medium?
I wonder what high looks like In your World :)

I don't like the sector tilts and crypto is yeah, probably too much...
At least choose one or max two, seems like too many things that are fashionable right now (=overvalued).
Also the bonds are way too low to serve their purpose with those other volatile assets, might as well not have any bonds.

@hugh999 What would you switch?
I was thinking about lowering crypto to 5%, weed to 2.5%, and esports to 2.5%, while increasing global markets to 60% and bonds to 20%

@stephen2987 What does the 5-year time horizon mean? Do you withdraw everything then? Do you begin withdrawing slowly? If it's the former, I definitely think you're way over-allocated in equities. If it's the latter, maybe that's okay, but refer to /@hugh999's comment.

I think you should run some Monte Carlo simulations on Portfolio Visualizer.

Thanks for all responses

My strategy would be to:
- invest 50K now
- invest 5K more per year
- double my initial investment (excluding the 5K per year) by year 5

@xlaurax This is why the portfolio is allocated like this.
Last year the return of the portfolio would have been 30.6%
But of course I know past returns do not translate into future ones!

@stephen2987 I like it! I would change few things (personal opinion):
  • instead of global bond etf i would pick a random high yield etf or EM bond etf
  • instead of gaming etf i would go for a tech focused etf (either AI or Cloud etc...)
  • i would consider health care related etf (genomics or tech related) instead of med cannabis

@hugh999 This recent influx of these people is destroying what was once a reasonable sub with meaningless noise and up votes to moronic advice. I don't know if it is GME or what, but it is frustrating.

@markatki Yes. 15% of your portfolio in high yield corporate or EM bonds(as of today approx. 5% annual yield) , with 5y time horizon, it seems fair to me.

Specially taking into account the fact "risk" was defined as "medium" with about 30% of exposure in high risk not diversified equity ETFs.

Again, just a personal opinion.

@stephen2987 The portfolio value is missing.

Buying more positions >> paying more commissions. It should tradeoff with returns. If your amount is relatively small than such split could be not efficient.

@stephen2987 There's an esports ETF? I wonder what are the companies there...

EDIT: I see they have nvidia and amd there. And videogame companies. But didn't see any actual esports companies like teams or tornament organizers.