Quit smoking question

zemastruve

So i have had a policy for a few years now, as a smoker. I quit smoking cigarettes in 2020 then switched to vaping and quit that about 11 months ago (feels great by the way). I was planning on asking to get another physical done (blood/urine) in the next month or two but just recently attended a very tragic funeral where i smoked less than half a pack socially. I have zero desire to smoke anymore but am just wondering if this could throw off my results and if so for how long? As a side note, i stay hydrated and exercise 2-3 times a week. I appreciate the time, thanks!

@zemastruve After many years of smoking, I became an occasional (like once a week) smoker. I told my doctor. When I got life insurance, they of course asked for info from my doctor. After paying the smokers rate, I decided that was stupid, quit and never had one again.

@jackaru You would probably have to wait until your next physical (2-3 years after you last smoked a cigarette) to get a reduction. The last thing any individual would want is their health information not adding up if they were to transition. It could lead to a policy payout being denied.