Question on Crypto Dollar/Peso Cost Averaging

kadmiel

I know this might boil down to "it's up to you" but I want to know how you would do it.

Say I planned to invest 5K per week divided into BTC & ETCH for the next 6 months

If I get extra money while on the course of Peso Cost Averaging and would want to invest it, should I :

a) increase the value of what I invest per week (e.g. make it 8K)

b) just increase the PCA period (e.g. +3 months)

c) continue the PCA as planned and invest the lumpsum of extra money separately?

@kadmiel Go with letter C. Continue with your current investment, use the added money for something new, such as a global fund if you Aren’t invested in one yet.

@kadmiel Advice ko lang btc and eth ka lang mag dca long term pag confirmed ng bear market saka ka na lang mag dca sa alts. Madami akong nakikitang over bullish sa solana, ada or smaller coins naaalala ko tuloy yung mga over bullish sa ltc, xrp at neo nung 2017 I think -50% sila from ath.

@kadmiel Purely my opinion, but I would go with B (time in the market beats timing the market). Another alternative is to keep the extra money in stablecoins and use it to buy dips outside your investing schedule.

@kadmiel If I was you. I'll leave a couple of money on the exchange then set some advance market order on my stable and alt coins. At least if it dips and it hits my target automatically it will buy the target price that I want. Ill just keep on accumulating fiat until the bear market comes and I'm ready to buy discounted coins.

@kadmiel 5k a week wow sana ol.

Sabi nga sa comment dito, time in the market is better than timing the market. Siguro I suggest na make the frequency of deposits to twice a month instead of 4 (every other week), and then extend the duration of your investment to a year.

Gumawa ako ng DCA excel sheet noon using ETH and BTC monthly vs Weekly prices for the last 3 years. All I can say is once a month regular investment beats once a week. I'll try other pairs and let you know if you like.

@kadmiel If you plan to hodl and your investment horizon is long term, lump sum invest may be an option or DCA cash on hand within 6 months.. Extras can be added with your regular DCA schedule (option A), or diversify to other crypto or other assets such as stocks..

@kadmiel If funds came from active income look into protecting it by having it in stable coins earning yield. For growth, look into investing the “yield” into assets with asymmetric returns.

Method above is more manageable especially during the downtrend market. Look beyond BTC and ETH.

NFA. DYOR.

@kadmiel Consider this blend: stick to your PCA plan, and when you have extra, invest it separately for added flexibility. By the way, don't miss the promo on Coins.ph USDC Hold and Earn Program! See here