Question about homeowners insurance

brentstr2

My neighbor put on an enormous Christmas light show last year. He sold tickets and had people come onto his property (drive or walk). He put on 3 shows a night, 5-6 days a week, for about 5 weeks.

He did not have a permit form the county, but due to the slowness of the government, he was able to complete all shows. And b/c of the massive amount of money he raked in, the fines were likely just the cost of doing business.

It affects me greatly b/c the show faces my house (and is practically seizure inducing) and since he is landlocked, he has an easement onto my property. Thus we had a hundred additional cars a day driving onto our property, using the single lane road.

Since he didn’t have a permit, I presume he also didn’t have any special kind of insurance in case of an incident or injury by a ticket holder. (I think he had language on the ticker that he is not liable blah blah blah.). I have 2 questions.

1) How can I protect myself financially if there is an accident on my property, either by car and/or pedestrian?

2) If I can find out who his homeowner’s insurance is, can I inform them and they will cancel him? (He does have a website with show info and event address).