Qualcomm to invest Rs 730 crore in Jio Platforms for a 0.15% stake. JIO Platforms bull run continues with 12 investement in less than 2 months

curosalus

Qualcomm Ventures, the investment arm of Qualcomm Incorporated, will invest Rs 730 crore in Jio Platforms for a 0.15 % stake, the companies said in a joint statement on Sunday.

This is the 12th investor to pick up a stake in Reliance Industries Ltd’ (RIL NSE 2.95 %’s) telecom and digital business in less than two months. Qualcomm Ventures' stake buy will take the total investments in Jio Platforms to Rs 1,18,318.45 crore for a combined 25.24 % holding.

" Qualcomm has been a valued partner for several years and we have a shared vision of connecting everything by building a robust and secure wireless and digital network and extending the benefits of digital connectivity to everyone in India," said Mukesh Ambani, chairman and managing director for Reliance Industries. "As a world leader in wireless technologies, Qualcomm offers deep technology know how and insights that will help us deliver on our 5G vision and the digital transformation of India for both people and enterprises.” he added.

Source : - https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...rms-for-a-0-15-stake/articleshow/76927277.cms

@luke I think it's about all that data. This way the investors get to tap into one of the biggest data sets in the world and reliance of course benefits by collecting it and aiding in its collection.

@ray34iyf I don't think foreign entities own a freaking quarter of those companies. Because unlike the shameless and dumb Indians, Americans don't want to be colonized by giving away key share in strategic sectors. Their free trade propaganda is for them to control rest of the world like they are doing now with Jio.

@tm_childofgod There's a huge opportunity here to make money. Jio can be the one stop shop for Indians seeking retail, hyperlocal, fibre internet/cable tv, streaming, sim cards, and whatever else Reliance Industries can think of.

@calielizabeth89 That is very short term thinking. Do you really think our politicians are a united lot and will rally behind Modi? Also how long do you think Modi will stay in power? Another 5 years? What next? Say whatever he is trying to build will take quite a lot of time say around 4-5 years. What happens if carpet is pulled out from under his legs? Betting on our politicians supporting is the last thing investors should do is what I feel.

@cjs17 Whatever support they have is standard support and lobbying which you can expect from the industrial big wigs like Tata, Birla or Reliance. What people are talking about here is outright support which I don't think will happen.

Also Mukesh Ambani is 63 years old. I don't believe his children are as shrewd as he is in dealing or they can manage his vast empire.

@lukapyon03 It takes time for kids to get out from the shadow of a successful father and shine on their own and we are talking about a father named Mukesh Ambani here. That's no easy feat.

I am sure many of us with successful and respected fathers have faced the same issue. No matter what we achieve, the credit goes to father even though he had nothing to do with it. I know I have faced this in my life.

Give them some time. They may shine or they may turn out like Anil Ambani. Nobody knows but don't count them out just yet.