PovertyFinanceNZ is (unfortunately) trending

@jd98 Just wait, govt is going to lead a push back to the office, while cutting public transport subsidies.

Let’s just accelerate cost of living crisis.

They are so desperate to hand a tax cut to the rich and make the poor pay for it.

@jd98 Algorithm pushed it, then I added to the cost saving thread.

We are all going to need to get smarter with money to make it through the next 3 years.

@jd98 Absolutely the algorithm at work. I didnt even know this subbreddit existed until a few mins ago when reddit pushed it to my feed. Im not struggling financially. But the information found here is interesting to me, so i joined.

@jd98 Because every is either poor AF or feels poor AF or is trying desperately to not be poor AF?

Everyone is looking for a few tips and tricks and that's pushing the algorithm

@jd98 As others have said, it's being pushed.
What I wonder, and i may be a crackpot conspiracy theorist here, is whether it's being purposefully pushed in order to address the cost of living crisis. Instead of raising wages or lowering the cost of living, teach people to live on less so they are able to make do for a little longer and push back any meaningfull change to social spending.

@jd98 This post just popped up on my feed likely due to an algorithm. Get to a certain point and it snowballs. Your a victim of your own success

@jd98 Don’t know if you’ve noticed a cost of living crisis for the last 18 months at least and interest rates tripling over that time. It’s probably something to do with that 🤷‍♂️

@jd98 I lived like I was in poverty from 2020 until now and to save for a house . We g in the house and the rates doubled . But we have been able to afford it. I have noticed groceries are like 25% more expensive but that’s about it

@jd98 I've seen all the poverty finance stuff turn up in my feed the last couple of weeks but just for New Zealand.

I like to learn new things so I normally look at a wide range of topics, gaining some financial efficiency ideas seems like a good idea given the current financial climate.

Personally I think it's a good thing that this is trending at the moment, the more people that contribute the better the answers will help the people that need it.