Pickles auctions charging me for something I didn’t bid on

kingsley

Hey everyone,

Thought I’d ask for help here if anyone has gone through something like this before. I was watching pickles auctions yesterday and last night I received a bill for $15,000 for a van I didn’t bid on. I checked my account and it shows I haven’t bid on anything.

Pickles T&C’s say you have to pay the invoice within 48 hours. I tried contacting them via email and haven’t got a reply yet. I’ll try calling them tomorrow. I don’t have anywhere near that amount of money and I have no idea what to do. I’m only 18 with a casual job so there is no way I can get a loan let alone pay one off. I don’t know what to do, I’m scared to lose all my savings over something that was a problem on their side.

TIA

@kingsley If you really didn't bid on anything, save screenshots and other proof of it and just ignore/dispute the invoice. Their T&C wouldn't mean stuff if you didn't bid at the auction.

@kingsley Make sure that the message you got wasn’t a phishing email, make sure the email matches exactly to a known good Pickles auction email. And most importantly, don’t open any link or files on the suspect email.

@kingsley They won't. You would have handed over credit card details to leave a deposit to make a bid. Payment is then made by you when you win the item. They do not take funds - ever.

@laramarina Could easily be. Apparently someone I know got a fake invoice from one of our Ag companies and one giveaway was it didn’t have BPay details that would normally be there. Obviously along with different EFT details.