People that got a 2% or sub 2% mortgage, how did you get it? The best I got in July 2021 was 3.9 with a 15% deposit

bobsam

Were you a first time buyer, how much was your deposit or if not your LTV rate?

I bought my first house in July/21 and secured a 3.9% mortgage the month before, I had a 15% deposit which I thought was quite good compared to other first time buyers but I keep people who say they had a sub 2% mortgage, I can't understand how unless they had a much better LTV rate/ deposit

Not sure if it's relevant but we bought as a couple and well below what the bank would lend us £500k+, glad we didn't stretch that now

@bobsam 0.91% 5 year fix on a remortgage in 2021. Could have done 10 year for 1.1% and stupidly turned it down 😭

Not sure it’s particularly helpful for you to hear how some managed to luck out though…

@foreveryounginchrist Nationwide were offering me a 10 year fixed at 1.29% would have been the same 1.1% a few months later. I went with the 5 year fixed at 1.24% in the end.

Only reason I didn't do the 10 year is that the last two mortgages I've had to pay the early redemption charge and didn't fancy paying that if something came up on a 10 year one.