People getting pressured because there's a lot of 6-7 figure earners here

kobestutri

Hi, I just noticed that there are people talking about members on our Sub saying that almost most members are earning six figures here (which is not true) I believe majority still earns below that and lurk around, however most active members are the ones earning above.

"there's a lot of 6-7 figure earners here" is a speculation

Remember, Survivorship Bias is at play -- to clarify, Survivorship bias occurs when researchers focus on individuals, groups, or cases that have passed some sort of selection process while ignoring those who did not.

The reason why you are going to see a lot of 6-7 figure posts here is because they have the capacity to invest and explore + its an investing sub. Most people who are joining investing subs because they have a good disposable income or someone who just wants to learn and get exposed to like minded people.

This sub is getting some parodies lol on other subs that's why I had the intent to write this down as I think it can be a good discussion or topic?

275k members but remember that we have over 48.84 million workers in the PH according to

https://pia.gov.ph/news/2023/08/09/ph-employment-rate-up-at-955-percent-in-june-2023#:~:text=The%20PSA%20report%20said%2C%20this,June%20of%20the%20previous%20year.

Businessmen, entrepreneurs, and probably some unregistered freelancers excluded.

That's 0.56% only of the worker population with the 275k members here and we have no ways how to identify the percentage of 6-7 figs earners in here. You can think how small the percentage is if we were to have that data in here although we have no ways in verifying.

So for those ridiculing this sub, its either you have this kind of analysis and get inspired or see it as untrue and ridicule it.

What are your thoughts regarding this?

EDIT: Here's an example

I know its harmless and for fun lang, but who knows if may seryoso na that they see the sub like that.

Then for those pressured, this can probably make you feel better but still aim for improvement hehe

EDIT 2: The parody is actually really funny HAHA - I just sort of connected it to the pressured-related posts.

@carlisle1997 agree with u that since this is an investing sub, it’ll attract some people who have money to invest. for small earners like myself, i think what we need before going to sub like this is to be aware with the fact that there are lots of industries in the country and some pay more, some pay less. :)