[Pennsylvania] PUA earnings - aren’t we supposed to receive 1/2 our pre-pandemic earnings, not just $195?

lutherwestie

Hi everyone,

Pre-pandemic I was making $800 a week as an independent contractor (sometimes more than that; sometimes less, but average, it was $806); however, PUA will only give me $195 (plus their stimulus payments) per week. Am I incorrect to think that it was supposed to be 50% of our wage pre-pandemic (and thus I should be receiving close to $403 plus the stimulus each week)?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

@ostronic My paperwork is a bit off but it clearly demonstrates what I made. Basically I began a small business in August 2019 and each client had to sign a contract with me promising me 10% down, nonrefundable, and the remainder refundable if we can’t continue working together. Well, we can’t continue working together as my doc has clearly stated that i can’t work until the pandemic is over due to my health and I must socially distance which I cannot do with my career. :(

@resjudicata Tax returns don’t reflect that though. All of my business was based upon contracts, which almost all of which had to be canceled due to social distancing... so all of the actual $ I received was literally only the 10% down signed for the contracts as I couldn’t fulfill the rest of them.