P015 - Lessons learned from 30 years of banking

@heavensweet I have read in the past on reddit about google banning accounts for some activity on related services and removing Gmail access but never experienced it myself or from anyone that I know in real life. Nevertheless I have been using Google business for email with my own domain (costs about 240 per month) for few years without any issues and peace of mind. I can move the email to another provider whenever I want or need to.

@alilmoney4frank88 Not the GP, but Google is known to ban accounts for many reasons. You’re not entitled to “customer service” or any appeals if you’re using the ad supported “free” Gmail account. You don’t even get to interact with a real human who would read and respond without copy paste replies. Some action on YouTube or Google Docs or any other Google property could trip some invisible filters and your entire account could be forever gone. The chances of it happening to you are slim, but it has happened to many people. It’s a big risk that can be better handled by spending a hundred rupees or so a month to get real customer service from companies where you’re the customer. For Google, you’re just a product to “sell” (indirectly) to advertisers, who are the real and the biggest customers of Google.

@rudelle-Bus-8822 FYI.

@psychmajormom Nowadays most stuff usually works on SMS.

I like OP idea about separate SIMs for bank OTP. Cuts down chances of sim fraud extensively.

Most of us though can add only one additional sim.

Jio phone next.. here we come

@resjudicata The income account otp are linked to the missus , expenditure to mine and a seperate one for investments .

In homage to my past it’s a yellow Nokia banana phone which is just charged up every 10 days and kept at home . Works just amazing

@rski I wanted to fire up a old expired sim in my dual sim phone but balked at the cost. And virus issues in case my current smart phone was infected.

This is the impetus to pay 2000 for two year plan with jio phone (phone included). Now need to get the nos updated at the bank end which is painful. Mandatory visit ಠ︵ಠ

@resjudicata The plan on the Nokia banana comes to 263 a month . But it’s money well spent . Plus I look cool with it , whenever it is out 😎

I doubt anyone worth his salt wants to hack a banana