@highlyfavoured I’m gutted the butchers are closed tomorrow.

That looks delicious. I felt primal urges when he busted out watercress.

It’s probably even cheaper to make than my favourite meal on planet earth-boil up.

Thank you!

@highlyfavoured Wow thanks that’s a really good detailed answer on what to do with organ meats. Which butcher do you go to? I normally just see beef and pork organ products where I go. I want to try more chicken related things now

@ctctw7 I go to the one closest to me lol. M&Ms in Kapiti.

Talk to your butcher. Say hi, say you're looking to try more organ meets. See if they'll saw some bones in half for you for the marrow. I'm happy to share recipes, I've eaten organ meats for years, was trained as a chef as a teenager.

@highlyfavoured I remember eating lamb brains as a kid and really liked it. I tried it again recently and found it way too rich and it made me feel off. I love liver though. Pate or just cooked with some onions. Bloody yum.

@ctctw7 Chicken Liver + pinch of dried chilli peppers + Cabbage will make a great and hearty meal when fried on a pan. Add some rice on the side and this would be one of the more simpler meals you can make with liver.

@ctctw7 Aside from a pinch of salt and dried chilli peppers, you don't really need much, chicken liver doesn't need that much seasoning to be absolutely amazing. Other types of liver might need more experimentation, however, since I only made this using Chicken Liver.

@ctctw7 Stuff sheep or Ox hearts, wrap them in foil and roast them. Liver can be good if you slice it about a cm thick and crumb and fry it. The trick with liver is to not overcook it.

@ctctw7 If anyone wants to try organ meats but doesn't like the smell/texture, try putting beef liver in the freezer, then grating it frozen into a dish as it is cooking. You could even add some beef mince if you like - the liver will become indistinguishable from the mince

@ctctw7 Clean it by filling your sink or a large bowl with water and then rubbing rock salt onto the tripe, inside and out, for a few minutes. Rinse. Then pour white vinegar into the bowl, swish it around, then rinse again.