Online Banks for Expats with AUD Local Bank details?

daphna

Do you know any online banks (EMIs) that are able to provide a local Australian bank account for incoming payments (that is not an Australian bank) for expats living overseas?

I have truly searched the entire web and do far I only found Wise.com... and nothing else...

@daphna I used a combination of NAB (for local transactions) and Revolut (for international ones) during my time in Australia. NAB is not purely online but has an excellent app. Revolut might be what you are looking for, and has a financial services licence in Australia.

@jordqwa I'm aware of NAB however since I'm not Australian and i also don't live in Australia, my company is based in HK and would require local AUD details to process some direct bank transfer payments from Australian businesses without going through Stripe.

The only bank I could find is Wise that has this (transferwise), does Revolut provide local AUD bank details BSB + Acc numbers?

@daphna Have you talked to HSBC? They operate in Hong Kong (naturally) and Australia, and have a fairly "international" focus (multi-currency accounts, etc.)

@eee27 Unfortunately it's next to impossible to get a real bank account in Hong Kong if you are a non-resident... Even HK residents find it hard as hell...