OEC Direct Hire Online Application Guide

@hannahduro1407 It was a long process for me and had to go through legal review since POEA contract is beyond the contract framework ng company. Try to have an internal agreement with your employer and explain the need to comply for you to be able to leave the country legally. Di pa rin ako nakakaalis, going four months na on this process. 😢

@dan87
Phase 1 Initial Submission - this will take roughly 5-7 business days.

about this thing, ayan yung mag sa-submit ka ng documents mo sa website nila diba? so, 5-7 days yung bago ma-update yung sa "Action Taken tab"? nag submit na kasi ako ngayon and 2 days na nakakalipas yung status is "For Assignment" parin.

@dan87 I would like to share my recent experience(March 2024). I was working and living in Singapore for 12 years and found a new opportunity in Hong Kong in 2023. While waiting for the approval of my Hong Kong employment visa, I decided to travel around Asia for one year while working remotely for the new company.

I received my Hong Kong employment visa October 2023 and flew directly from Cambodia to Hong Kong on January 2024. Once I arrived in Hong Kong, I went to DMW office to have my HK contract verified. They will give you a list of documents you need to prepare (signed employment contract, statement on how I got hired, company profile, HK employment visa). Once I received my verified contract, they also gave me an "exemption from direct hire ban" form. I just need to present this form to POEA when I visit the Philippines and they should issue me an OEC through this document.

I decided to become a digital nomad for a year and did not go home to the Phils (I know I will have challenge exiting the country again) to save me and my employer from the tedious process of having my Hong Kong HR go to POEA in HK for contract verification > mail hard copy of verified contract to Phils > process OEC etc. 🤡🤡🤡 I hope this information helps!

@jwmercer No. They need the valid work visa and couple other things like a letter to the labor attache of the country you want to go to (if there's polo). Assuming you are directly hired, they'd have to recommend you for lifting of the ban on direct hires to POEA.

@resjudicata The employer certification part can often be done even without an employee thru the local POLO office in the area specially for those that are likely to have multiple hires. The local POLO office will have a helpdesk that may or may not facilitate this

@dan87 Likely depends on the country. For SG, you'll get the work permit issued only when you're in SG, so POLO and POEA will allow the process to go through with a migrant worker's in-principle approval.

@orachii The DOH accredited facility will know what tests you'll need automatically once you say what country you are going to. They have standard procedures for that.

@dan87 Hi, I had some more questions.

1.Does each supporting document (diploma, transcript of records, cv/resume) need a separate notarization document?
  1. Also, what does COE mean? Is it the certificate of employment sa old employer mo? Or sa new employer?
  2. Items 6 and 7 in your requirements list, are those documents that the employer just submits to POLO for signature? Or are they created by POLO from scratch after they validate your contract
  3. About the employment contract, I've read elsewhere that both the employer and employee need to sign each page. Is this correct? If yes, do you only sign it once you have the hard copy of the validated contract?
Thank you so much!

@orachii
  1. No, you can have one authorization for all
  2. Certificate of Employment
  3. Employer submits them
  4. Employer to sign first then send to POLO, you'll sign after it gets validated and you get the hardcopy

@dan87
ertification process without the visa?

1ReplyGive AwardShare

Why do you need to notarize your school docs and resume? What is I've graduated abroad? Do I have to notarize that as well?

For the Certificate of Employment, is it from the old/current employer?