OEC Direct Hire Online Application Guide

dan87

Hi all! I thought I'd give back to the community for helping me out during my OEC process by creating a short write-up regarding the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) online application for Direct-Hires. Take note that I will not include in this write-up the steps and timelines for acquiring a "work visa." The focus will just be on the OEC process.
  • POLO Certification - Have your employer send the following requirements to POLO so that they can authenticate your documents. Take note that these requirements need WET signatures and that each country might have slightly different requirements with each other. You will need these documents (ORIGINAL COPY) for the OEC phase 1 process.
Documentary requirements:
  1. Original Contract in English with Addendum (or repatriation insurance) which must be SIGNED IN WET INK (NOT DIGITAL/E-SIGNATURE) BYTHE EMPLOYER ON ALL PAGES.\*
  2. Copy of the passport of the worker with at least six months validity
  3. Copy of visa (if available) OR visa approval of the worker.
  4. Copy of passport or Residence ID of the employer/authorized representative with letter of authority
  5. Copy of valid commercial registration/business license of the employer with official English translation
  6. Signed Letter of Exemption \*
  7. Signed Undertaking to Monitor Direct Hire \*
  • ** SIGNED DOCUMENTS BY THE EMPLOYER/AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHOULD BEIN WET INK, NOT DIGITAL/E-SIGNATURE.PROCEDURES:A. The principal/employer shall send by email scanned copies of theabove required documents for initial evaluation to the following email address:*B. If the documents are found to be complete, satisfactory, and inorder, the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) will advise theemployer to send the original/paper copy of said documents bymail/courier to the following address:
  • Direct Hire Application
    • Step 1: On the "My links" portion on the right-side of the website, click on "Direct Hire Application"
    • Step 2: On the next page, click on "My Application" then input your employment details such as your employer, your position, job site, visa number, visa expiry, and email. Ensure that your Application Type = "Professional Application"
    • Step 3: Upload your phase 1 documents here:
      • a. Passport with validity period of not less than one (1) year
      • b. Valid Work Visa, Entry/Work Permit (whichever is applicable per country)
      • c. Employment Contract: Original Copy of Employment Contract or Offer of Employment
      • d. Company Profile, Business License/Commercial Registration of the Employer
      • e. POLO Endorsement Letter
      • f. Additional country-specific requirements (research this online)
      • g. Additional documents to support job application (Notarized statement of authenticity of Diploma, TOR, COE, plus your personal Resume)
      • h. Notarized Statement on how the worker secured his/her employment
      • i. employer's passport/ID and contract details
      • j. Notarized Statement of Authenticity of diploma, TOR, COE, and other certificates submitted (such as your personal resume) - this requirement is exactly the same as letter G.
    • Step 4: You will receive an email from POEA to schedule your OWWA PDOS with the following requirements:
      • a. Direct Hire Evaluation Form / Registration Form - you will receive this after phase 1
      • b. Passport
      • c. Page 1 of employment contract
      • d. Facebook profile screenshot
    • Step 5: Upload your phase 2 documents here:
      • a. Medical Certificate - this must be DOH accredited
      • b. PEOS - get certification at https://peos.poea.gov.ph/
      • c. POEA Clearance - you'll need to wait for your name to appear here: https://poea.gov.ph/ on the "DIRECT HIRE WITH APPROVED POEA CLEARANCE" portion.
      • d. Proof of Certificate of Insurance (RA 8042) - this is for repatriation. You can use paramount insurance here.
      • e. Compliance Form - this will come into play if you have missing documents from your phase 1.
      • f. For household only - comprehensive pre-departure education program (CPDEP) certificate by OWWAg. PDOS Certificate - this will come from step 4.
  • Personal Appearance to POEA
    • Step 1: Print two copies of all the documents you have submitted so far (phase 1 documents, phase 2 documents, owwa pdos, registration form, compliance form, etc.)
    • Step 2: On the Direct Hire Dashboard, download and print the "DIRECT HIRE DECLARATION" PDF and then have it notarized.
    • Step 3: Print appointment letter to show to the guard.
    • Step 4: Go to 2nd floor Direct Hire Division at POEA Ortigas.
    • Step 5: Get Original PDOS from OWWA Department.
    • Step 6: Submit all documents to the Direct Hire Department.
    • Step 7: Pay Php 6703.75 at the cashier.
    • Step 8: Your online profile will be updated with a "Print OEC" button. This'll serve as your official OEC.
  • Timeline
  1. POLO Certification - this should take roughly 2 to 3 weeks to validate assuming you have sent all the requirements over. You will then need the HARDCOPIES of these validated documents sent to you by your employer since POEA needs these documents for your application.
  2. Phase 1 Initial Submission - this will take roughly 5-7 business days.
  3. Phase 1 Compliance - if you are missing some documents from phase 1 initial submission, this'll add another 1 business day (assuming you immediately get your missing documents).
  4. OWWA PDOS - this will take roughly 3 hours.
  5. Phase 2 Submission - this will take 2 business days.
  6. POEA Appointment - this will take roughly 2 hours.

Through hiring an agency. Technically wouldn't bypass it, but you'll have other people do it for you. Saves you the trouble of the nitty gritty stuff for a fee.

so I'd call hiring agency to arrange it for me although I'm being hired directly? I'm fine paying extra just to skip dealing with our mighty government officers

Yes. Have them process it for you. You can actually let your employer know, sinasagot naman yan ng most. Okay din sign of good faith na ikaw na gumawa at no extra cost to them haha, that's what I did. Although I followed mostly what is written above. Wag lang paloko na one month basic ang fee, that's illegal. Lapit ka sa POEA accredited manpower agency. You still have to attend the PDOS etc, pero yun nga more on waiting na lang gagawin mo.

@resjudicata It’s possible to skip this if your visa has a path to permanent residency and you are willing to never go back to the PH for a few years.

I skipped this when I got direct hired in NZ.

I went to SG then directly to NZ where I worked, stayed in NZ for 2 years until I got my permanent residence.

I Probably still won’t go back to PH for another 5 years until I get my NZ citizenship just to be sure I won’t run into any trouble. Covid has made that choice a bit more palatable for me and family.

@resjudicata You really don’t need any this. If you’re already legal resident abroad, that is legally allowed to work. You simply don’t declare it.

The process is only for Filipinos still in the Philippines who legally wants to work overseas. I don’t advise people to go abroad with tourist visas to find work. Since that is highly illegal and you’ll be vulnerable to employer abuse. Your boss can stiff your wages and deport you for complaining. Plus it gives our country a bad name and further makes the Philippine passport weak. Which makes it harder for legitimate Filipino tourists from traveling abroad from acquiring visas.

@dianne46 in short, in an event where I was granted permanent residency, this is not mandatory? sorry I'm not a traveler so no idea how incompetent our immigration officers are in outbound flights.

@dan87 hey someone posted something useful. not a rant, not a question-that-can-easily-be-googled, not a brag post, etc. Take this award (which I got for free LOL).

@dan87 Let me rant… it was made this way so that recruitme t companied can leech OFWs hard earned money. This process must be cut out to bone for skilled professionals.

This discourage big and legit vompanies abroad from hiring Filipino professionals especially if they have not done this before.

FYI. Theres a max number of people companies can hire direct, it max 9 people before then they have to deal with recruiters.

@dan87 Hi, regarding the contract verification, my employer refused to sign the contract addendum (repatriation insurance) as some of the provisions are not amenable to them. Anyonewho has the same experience? Ano po pwedeng workaround in this case?

Thank you!