Nifty P/E ratio is all time high 29.8 on 3-4 june 2019? What is your strategy?

@a3m0n As somebody said, keep the surplus amount invested in the markets. The essential cash for your day to day and other foreseeable commitments should be in Liquid and FDs.

I personally do not purchase stocks and simply invest in broad based ETFs in US/China or MFs in India. I am holding just 1 stock coz I bullish on that company (US based, not India).

If you believe the market is going to correct then you can move the money in Liquid Funds, then move it back to the Equity Funds when the market is at the bottom. Timing the market is incredibly difficult and that’s when most people lose money.

Trying to build a psychology and discipline to invest (and trade) is the hardest thing ever.

@r3b0rn I understand what you are trying to say, but this sounds very similar to the hodl meme which encouraged holding and not selling cryptocurrencies. We all know how that went.Personally I am not sure what to do myself but I think asset allocation based on time frame as other's have mentioned on this thread is a good strategy

@leon245 Hodl

Hodl ( HOD-əl; often written HODL) is slang in the cryptocurrency community for holding the cryptocurrency rather than selling it. It originated in a December 2013 post on the Bitcoin Forum message board by an apparently inebriated user who posted with a typo in the subject, "I AM HODLING." In 2017, Quartz listed it as one of the essential slang terms in Bitcoin culture, and described it as a stance, "to stay invested in bitcoin and not to capitulate in the face of plunging prices." TheStreet.com referred to it as the "favorite mantra" of Bitcoin holders. Though originally used in relation to holding Bitcoin, it is now also used to describe holding other cryptocurrencies and tokens such as Ethereum.

[sup][[/sup] [sup]PM[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Exclude[/sup] [sup]me[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Exclude[/sup] [sup]from[/sup] [sup]subreddit[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]FAQ[/sup] [sup]/[/sup] [sup]Information[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]Source[/sup] [sup]][/sup]
[sup]Downvote[/sup] [sup]to[/sup] [sup]remove[/sup] [sup]|[/sup] [sup]v0.28[/sup]

@leon245 HODL is practiced over long term, not over 6 months, 1 year time frame. People holding BTC from even 2015 are up like 1000% (small time frame of less than 5 years). People HODLing from 2010 are up 25,000%! People holding ETH from ICO are up > 5000%.
Similarly investing in SIP is a long term thing. Its been proven to work. Just take valueresearch nifty 50 sip calc and see if you have put 10000 bucks a month from 2000 onwards, you would be way up on your capital deployed